Saturday, July 24, 2010

I Cannot Stop Torres From Leaving Liverpool Admits Hodgson

Roy Hodgson has admitted for the the first time that he is not sure whether star striker Fernando Torres will stay at the club or not.

The confession by Hodgson will alert potential suitors Chelsea and Manchester City.

While talking to a newspaper Hogdson said,:

"Unfortunately, I cannot do much more, his beef is with the club and not me."

"Fernando's situation has nothing to do with me, he made that perfectly clear over the phone during the World Cup and when I met him face-to-face.

"He knows what I would like to do with the club. He knows how much I value him.

"But his issues are with what has gone on in the past rather than the future. If he has problems with the club for things in the past, it is difficult for me to dismiss that."

But Hodgson still has hope that the striker may well stay with the club after all.

"People forget he is a Liverpool player, one year ago he signed a four-year contract. I hope he will commit himself by honouring his contract."

Liverpool have so far added two big players to their squad, Serbian striker Milan Jovanovic and Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole.

Add to that Hodgson has also persuaded Steven Gerrard to stay at the club. All of which has lifted the mood in merseyside and fans will now hope that Torres also pledges his future to the club for whom he has expressed his love time and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment